Scottish Heating Oil Price Index
- Random Local Ingredient - Smoked Haddock With Lentils. October 28, 2013I think, of all the wonderful produce from near my home in Aberdeenshire, haddock is one of my favourites. It is a wonderful meaty fish and makes the perfect fish supper. Smoked haddock is also the main ingredient of my favourite soup - Cullen Skink. I like my Cullen Skink to be nothing more than onions, potatoes, smoked haddock and cream.It was easy, then […]
- Round Up Of Summer 2013. September 28, 2013It is almost time to look out my gloves and the heating has already been put on so really time for me to admit Summer is over.I have mentioned here before that I think Autumn is my favourite time of year. I have already started making chutneys and making more comfort food but I thought I would take a look back over the Summer before I move fully into Autumn […]
- Random Recipes 32 - Puddings, Cakes And Baking. September 28, 2013I'm coming in at the end of the month again but I have a good reason this time. I was invited to a neighbour's MacMillan Coffee Morning today so I left baking this month's entry til now so I could bring some along with me.I had randomly chosen the bake at the start of the month and it was Lemon Bars from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. They […]
- Two Summer Dishes. August 21, 2013Eeek. I have 10 seconds to choose ONE cookbook. Just one? I thought this would be easy. I thought I would just choose the book I always say is my favourite - Appetite by Nigel Slater. However, I actually can make all the things I like best from that book without having to refer to it anymore. When I have to refer to recipes for some of the dishes I make […]
- Marie Curie Blooming Great Tea Party. July 26, 2013Well we had our Blooming Great Tea Party. We had a really lovely day. A good few friends, family and neighbours popped in for a cuppa and some home baking and, as it was a beautiful day, we sat in the garden and had a good natter.And as an extra bonus, we managed to raise just over £300 for Marie Curie Cancer Care so I am delighted.I kept the baking simple […]
- Random Recipes 30. July 25, 2013This is my 30th Random Recipe. I haven't missed a single one (although I have been a bit tardy on occasion) from the very start of Dom's successful challenge.For the occasion, Dom asked us to count along our recipe books, choose the 30th one and cook whatever was on page 30.My 30th book is Roast Figs Sugar Snow by Diana Henry - a beautiful and ins […]
- Blooming Great Tea Party and The Best Cupcake Recipe. June 23, 2013I just wanted to raise some awareness of Marie Curie Cancer Care's Blooming Great Tea Party campaign.They are hoping to have thousands of people (4909 have signed up at the time of me writing this post) up and down the country to host tea parties to raise funds for such an amazing charity. I am hoping that some of my readers may see this and decide to […]
- Food From Your Garden. June 17, 2013I aspire to be a proper gardener. That means having a beautiful garden but it also obviously means growing an abundance of beautiful things to eat. My Granda and Grandma's garden when I was growing up was overflowing with amazing flowers and all sorts of goodies to eat. The peas were always my favourite but I loved everything I ate from that garden.S […]
- The Pink Cake. May 20, 2013For May's Cake Slice Bakers, we were to make The Pink Cake which is the pretty cake adorning the front of the book we are baking from this year - Vintage Cakes by Julie Richardson.The cake itself is a gorgeous chocolate cake layered with the raspberry buttercream. It is only the raspberries making the beautiful pink colour. We served the cake at our f […]
- Two Breads. May 14, 2013For this month's Random Recipes, we were asked to choose a random bread recipe. Steve was more than happy to join in with this one as he loves making bread and is really the official bread maker in this house. We have two dedicated bread books in the house - Bread Matters by Andrew Whitley and Dough by Richard Bertinet. These were the ones we randoml […]
- Random Local Ingredient - Smoked Haddock With Lentils. October 28, 2013
The results of the Methlick Fund Run 2014 have been put on to the Methlick Community Blog at:
The Methlick fund run raises funds for children in Kenya.
Originally posted on Udny Community Trust Co Ltd:
Last May Udny Community Trust and those interested in paths around Pitmedden and Udny Green, had a walk and a meeting up in Udny Green and three routes were picked out as the first to be looked at:
- Udny Green to the post office/ Udny Mill (no direct path at the moment)
- The Drove Road (an old route that could be made more usable)
- The Fisher walk (a well used path needing some attention)
We’ve got reports back on these with options for what could be done and how much it might cost. You can get copies of the reports from Eleanor Morris at the UCTC office or come along to the meeting next Tuesday if you can.
Formartine Fairtrade Group would like to invite you to an exciting gathering in Pitmedden.
Dan Binns, who works for Traidcraft, has just returned from visited producers in North West India and has first-hand experience of how fairtrade is helping people in this region.
If you would like to meet Dan and hear about his travels please join us at Bonnyton Farmhouse on Tuesday 15th April at 7.30pm
This will be a good opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues with others in our area who are interested in fairtrade.
It would be great if you can make it. Please let me know if you can come, and if you are bringing others with you. (If we get too large a gathering we will move somewhere bigger!!!)
All best wishes
pp Formartine fairtrade group
Anne M Aspden
Anne M Aspden