Scottish Heating Oil Price Index
- Random Local Ingredient - Smoked Haddock With Lentils. October 28, 2013I think, of all the wonderful produce from near my home in Aberdeenshire, haddock is one of my favourites. It is a wonderful meaty fish and makes the perfect fish supper. Smoked haddock is also the main ingredient of my favourite soup - Cullen Skink. I like my Cullen Skink to be nothing more than onions, potatoes, smoked haddock and cream.It was easy, then […]
- Round Up Of Summer 2013. September 28, 2013It is almost time to look out my gloves and the heating has already been put on so really time for me to admit Summer is over.I have mentioned here before that I think Autumn is my favourite time of year. I have already started making chutneys and making more comfort food but I thought I would take a look back over the Summer before I move fully into Autumn […]
- Random Recipes 32 - Puddings, Cakes And Baking. September 28, 2013I'm coming in at the end of the month again but I have a good reason this time. I was invited to a neighbour's MacMillan Coffee Morning today so I left baking this month's entry til now so I could bring some along with me.I had randomly chosen the bake at the start of the month and it was Lemon Bars from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. They […]
- Two Summer Dishes. August 21, 2013Eeek. I have 10 seconds to choose ONE cookbook. Just one? I thought this would be easy. I thought I would just choose the book I always say is my favourite - Appetite by Nigel Slater. However, I actually can make all the things I like best from that book without having to refer to it anymore. When I have to refer to recipes for some of the dishes I make […]
- Marie Curie Blooming Great Tea Party. July 26, 2013Well we had our Blooming Great Tea Party. We had a really lovely day. A good few friends, family and neighbours popped in for a cuppa and some home baking and, as it was a beautiful day, we sat in the garden and had a good natter.And as an extra bonus, we managed to raise just over £300 for Marie Curie Cancer Care so I am delighted.I kept the baking simple […]
- Random Recipes 30. July 25, 2013This is my 30th Random Recipe. I haven't missed a single one (although I have been a bit tardy on occasion) from the very start of Dom's successful challenge.For the occasion, Dom asked us to count along our recipe books, choose the 30th one and cook whatever was on page 30.My 30th book is Roast Figs Sugar Snow by Diana Henry - a beautiful and ins […]
- Blooming Great Tea Party and The Best Cupcake Recipe. June 23, 2013I just wanted to raise some awareness of Marie Curie Cancer Care's Blooming Great Tea Party campaign.They are hoping to have thousands of people (4909 have signed up at the time of me writing this post) up and down the country to host tea parties to raise funds for such an amazing charity. I am hoping that some of my readers may see this and decide to […]
- Food From Your Garden. June 17, 2013I aspire to be a proper gardener. That means having a beautiful garden but it also obviously means growing an abundance of beautiful things to eat. My Granda and Grandma's garden when I was growing up was overflowing with amazing flowers and all sorts of goodies to eat. The peas were always my favourite but I loved everything I ate from that garden.S […]
- The Pink Cake. May 20, 2013For May's Cake Slice Bakers, we were to make The Pink Cake which is the pretty cake adorning the front of the book we are baking from this year - Vintage Cakes by Julie Richardson.The cake itself is a gorgeous chocolate cake layered with the raspberry buttercream. It is only the raspberries making the beautiful pink colour. We served the cake at our f […]
- Two Breads. May 14, 2013For this month's Random Recipes, we were asked to choose a random bread recipe. Steve was more than happy to join in with this one as he loves making bread and is really the official bread maker in this house. We have two dedicated bread books in the house - Bread Matters by Andrew Whitley and Dough by Richard Bertinet. These were the ones we randoml […]
- Random Local Ingredient - Smoked Haddock With Lentils. October 28, 2013
Victorian Christmas at Haddo House
Sat 14 Dec
Join us at Haddo for a traditional Victorian Christmas.See Haddo House dressed for Christmas and discover how Victorian’s celebrated the festive period.
Children will have the opportunity to join Santa for some storytelling and to make some of their own Victorian Christmas crafts.
There will also be some craft stalls in the Peatyards selling local handmade products.
A complimentary glass of mulled fruit punch is included in the adult ticket price. Mince pies, among other yummy treats, will be available for sale in the house.
Dates & Times:
- 14 Dec 2013 : 11:00 – 16:00
- Adult : £ 6.00
- Child : £ 4.00
- Family : £ 15.00
For further information please call 0844 493 2179
Wed 11 Dec
Seasonal sleuthing with everyone’s favourite Victorian detective!Holmes in time for Christmas with some seasonal Sherlockian capers. A warm and nostalgic one-man show from ‘Don’t Go Into The Cellar!’, featuring ‘The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle’ and one or two more surprises!
Details of Date & Times:
- 11 Dec 2013 : 19:30 – 21:00
For further information please call 0844 493 2179
Please book online or telephone 0844 493 2179
Pitmedden School Disco- Friday 6th December.
6-7.30pm for nursery to primary 3
7.30 – 9pm for primary 4 to 7.
£2 entrance includes crisps and juice
Tickets from 14 Provost Drive, Oldmeldrum, 873759 or 07748-984685 for the Lorelei live at Udny Green Hall. Or contact any of the Formartine Utd Youth Academy coaches.
Macmillan Coffee Morning
Come along and enjoy tea or coffee and some lovely homebakes and help raise money for a great charity. Cost: Donation welcomed
Saturday 30th November 2013, 10:30 – 12:30
Udny Station, Community Hall